Sunday, April 4, 2010

Janet Evanovich - "Eleven on Top"

     I was introduced to Stephanie Plum by my husband;s boss.  She said, "You will either love it or hate it by page 25" as she handed me a copy of "One for the Money."  I was not expecting great things, but here I am, devouring each novel as fast as I can.

     "Eleven on Top."  I don't exactly know what it mean, but Mrs. E and Ms. Plum are most definitely on top this go round.  This book is super fast paced with a couple of didn't-see-that-one-coming-twists.  I love twists: lemon, licorice, pretzel, French, and plot; they all keep life exciting.  This is no exception.

Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

     Spoiler Alert*****  Stephanie has another car blown up. (two, actually)*****  Seriously, what else did you expect?  Most of the usual cast comes to play in this one.  Stephanie is done with chasing bad guys and is still not able to say the "L" word.  Lula is as sassy and spontaneous as ever, especially now that she's a newly promoted bounty hunter. Morelli is super sexy, leery of Ranger, and only has one thing on his mind, even with a broken leg.  Ranger, in this episode, is steamy and good-smelling, like always; mainly because he's Ranger, but also because he's her newly acquired boss.  Some girls have all the luck! *sigh*  Valerie and Albert make a surprising move that ends up leaving Mama Plum giving up the hooch and Stephanie swearing off sugar.  Yeah right.

     What is it about Stephanie that just attracts mayhem that affects her and all those around her?  Whatever it is, that special power keeps me laughing.  The conclusion to this composition caught me pretty off-guard.  I love surprises!  Maybe that's how it's written, maybe I'm just slow on the up-take.  Read it for yourself and let me know.

     I love the way that Evanovich can write a food fight, a steamy "love" story (or two), an old lady who thinks that funerals are the epitome of a fabulous social event, and a mystery/detective theme into one amazing novel.  As always, Mrs. E delivers a hilarious ride to the finish line.

I hear there may be a secret revealed in #12...We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment