Monday, July 19, 2010

Janet Evanovich - "Twelve Sharp"

     I'm currently struggling to decide if I want to continue feasting on my Stephanie Plum novels, or if I want to stop completely.  My rationale being that I've just flown through number twelve and, as of yet, there are only sixteen Plum delights on which to sustain my voracious appetite for clumsy women, sexy law enforcement agents, doughnuts, psychotic kidnappers, and the other random chaos in which hilarity ensues.  (That one's for you, Rum Fitts.)

     As always, our heroin, Stephanie is dropped smack-dab (I have no idea where that phrase came from, but it seemed appropriate in this context...) into the center of a crazy man's scheme, a too tight pair of leather pants, an adult store mishap, a bar brawl, and the newly renovated Stiva's funeral home.  In this episode, Ranger is accused of kidnapping his daughter, Julie.  Did he do it?  Did his dark side finally get the better of him?  I'll let you find out in this scintillating story of Stephanie Plum at her best.  I do have to say I was a little disappointed that she managed to own only one vehicle throughout the entire book; she didn't even sustain ANY too permanent damage to it.  Strange, right?  


     Stephanie is definitely "sharp" in this story; she manages to keep her wits about her in the midst of all the craziness that is "The Burg" and the Plum family.  I think the highlight of this work is not only the ongoing tension between Steph, Joe, and Ranger (Yum! *lip lick*) , but also Grandma Mazur and Lula's stint in "The What" band.  I'll let you get an idea of what that may look like to you, and then I'll recommend that you read the book and totally obliterate your own picture with something more asinine that only Mrs. E could conjure.  
     Things between Stephanie and Morelli heat up right at the end, but I don't want to spoil a great thing for you.  I'll keep this review short and sweet simply because I'm afraid I'll spill the beans...

     Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment